April 21, 2024


Friendly Interior

Fire burns through apartment house in Auburn

AUBURN — Eleven men and women have been burned out of their house Friday afternoon after fireplace ripped by an condominium home at the previous web site of Central Maine Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Associates.

When the very first crews from Auburn and Lewiston arrived about 12:15 p.m., they observed smoke pouring out of each sides of the rambling, two-story constructing with connected garage. Hearth was observed on every flooring, officials reported, which includes the basement.

There have been no documented injuries. Firefighters rescued a pair of cats from the building, which houses 11 people today residing in three residences. All occupants have been out of the constructing when firefighters arrived, a fire formal mentioned.

Neighbors stated the making made use of to property a dentist office environment but it had due to the fact been converted into apartments. The Central Maine Oral & Maxillofacial Operation Associates indicator even now stands in front of the building.

Destruction from fire, smoke and water to the condominium property, which stands on a busy extend of Middle Street near East Dartmouth Street, was explained as “significant.” It was not promptly recognised when citizens will be capable to return to their households.

Approximately an hour following fire crews arrived, the blaze was declared knocked down. Firefighters remained at the scene later Friday, mopping up and beginning an investigation into the induce of the fireplace.


Auburn fire crews requested support from the Condition Hearth Marshal’s Place of work, which despatched an investigator to the scene later on Friday afternoon.

Early reports were that the blaze begun in the basement and swiftly moved into the upper floors, but the origin of the fireplace was even now staying investigated.

Firehouse Subs, a restaurant throughout the road from the fire scene, despatched lunch for the fire crews.

Firefighters from Mechanic Falls, Poland and New Gloucester responded to deliver coverage at the Auburn Central Fire Station.


« Former

Future »