You have fallen prey to a pest infestation and need professional help from a pest controller as soon as possible. The cell phone is quickly pulled out and the nearest exterminator is contacted. After the journey and after half an hour of doing the work, the shock – a bill for 700 euros for the removal of a wasp’s nest.
Consumer advice centers have long been warning of dubious pest controllers and exterminators. For fear of pests such as wasps, bedbugs or rodents, more and more people are falling for dubious companies without specialist knowledge. But how can you protect yourself from fraudsters? We give you tips on what to look for when looking for a professional pest controller!
THE COST OF A PEST CONTROLLER
First of all – the removal of a wasp’s nest will of course not normally cost you hundreds of euros. The prices can vary depending on the case, but this is no reason to charge horrendous sums. Agree on fixed prices and agree on a down payment at most instead of instant cash. With a reputable exterminator you will always be able to obtain a cost estimate that includes the final price.
Tips to protect yourself from rip-offs
So that you can protect yourself from horrendous prices or amateurish execution by dubious exterminators, we have put together a list of tips that you can look out for if you are looking for a professional pest controller:
- Serious companies will never cash in at the “front door”
- They always issue an official invoice
- At best, you are a member of an officially registered association, such as the DSV – Deutscher Schädlingsbek attacker Verband e.V., which can be contacted in case of doubt
- You pay attention to environmental protection and belong, for example, to the Association for the Promotion of Ecological Pest Control e.V.
- They have recognized certifications from official certification bodies that can be contacted in case of doubt
- Customers can always obtain a cost estimate with the final price from a reputable company prior to execution
CONTACT A PROFESSIONAL PROVIDER
If you want to be sure that your job is in good hands, choose a professional pest controller based on our list of tips like in here Pest control Jackson MS. Make sure to take a close look at the logos and certifications and, if you have any doubts, contact the relevant certification body regarding the authenticity of the award.